Topic: create a project using older version of rails

i'm have two versions of rails installed 2.0.2 and 2.3.2.  i need to create a project using version 2.0.2

the command i'm using is

rails _2.0.2_ myproject

but what i get are two projects _2.0.2_ and myproject. does anybody know what to do to create a project with older version of rails?

any help is appreciated

Re: create a project using older version of rails

Great question,  but probably a bad choice.  Why don't you you want to create your new project in the newer version?

I think you're asking how to do something that is rarely done, so there may be some inelegance ahead,  but it's certainly doable.

Joe got a job, on the day shift, at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen, arrogantly twisting the sterile canvas snout of a fully charged icing anointment utensil.

i'm just starting to learn rails and the book i found uses 2.0.2. my thinking was to learn some basics (at least understand how rails works) and then move to a newer version. the book i'm reading is excellent, at least i like it. it is not that often for my that i like a book all the way, that is why i'm trying to stick to it.

It is really easy. If you have both rails versions installed, just change the following line in your 'environment.rb file:

RAILS_GEM_VERSION = '2.0.2' unless defined? RAILS_GEM_VERSION

What does this display?

rails _2.0.2_ -v
Rob Anderton
TheWebFellas

rob-twf wrote:

What does this display?

rails _2.0.2_ -v

getopt: invalid option -- 'v'
Terminating...

I you are just starting out the, I think you could simply

gem uninstall rails --v 2.3.2

rails myapp2.0.2

gem install rails --v 2.3.2 (optional,  probably should install --v 3.0 when your ready to move on)

Joe got a job, on the day shift, at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen, arrogantly twisting the sterile canvas snout of a fully charged icing anointment utensil.