Topic: How to choose the right PHP Framework for web development?

Hi!

I'm a PHP Pro, but haven't use any PHP framework till now, so I have no clue on
how to choose a PHP framework. Do you have some tips to help me choose the/a right PHP Framework?

I want a stable and secure PHP Framework for Projects with about 400 hours development time.
It should be possible to use the framework on Shared-Hosting-Webservers.
I don't need some AJAX support (I'm using extJS).
It would be nice if the framework supports Rapid Application Development
and object-relational mapping.

Also some of the standard-functions (Authentification, form validation) would
be nice. Caching would be a usefull, but isn't needed.

Needs for a PHP framework:
- Shared-Hosting-Webserver-Support
- for Projects between 200 und 400 hours work
- Developing Modell

Last edited by simy202 (2011-01-05 04:01:49)

Re: How to choose the right PHP Framework for web development?

Clearly your best option is PHP on Rails. Although I'm not sure, I think the maintainers might have switched core languages... Can anyone else confirm?

Well........as a PHP pro you should know that there isn't the one and only right framework.

However I made good experience with

- ez components
- zend framework

Website Development Services

For PHP, There are different frameworks available on internet which you can use it for developing different sites.

Lyssa

LAMP is the shorter version for Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP, this is a very popular web development platform that has been trusted and used by many people all over the world. If you are on the lookout for a good web development platform that is going to make your work faster, more efficient and unique then LAMP website Development is the right choice.

I'd advise you take a close look at either Zend Framework or Symfony2, or CodeIgniter. They are all excellent frameworks where I prefer Symfony2.

PHP is a widely used, powerful programming language that allows us to develop massive web applications. Other scripting languages that can be used aside from PHP, are ASP and Ruby. However, PHP is still being implemented the most, and it has no plans of backing down. PHP's popularity is attributed to how easy it is to learn and use, in contrast to other scripting languages.

According to me, Zendfram work is best for it because it provides a PHP developer with a lightweight component library that offers as much as more functionality. It is extremely flexible and it supports all the features of the latest version of PHP.

Last edited by caryethans (2013-01-09 07:10:51)

There are lots of Php framework available. You can use joomla, wordpress, magento, zend and many more.
But wordpress and joomla are most popular. Every framework has it pro's and con's . You have to select according to your development requirement.