Topic: Nokogiri issue in Textmate

I downloaded ruby, gems, rails, textmate all today.  I added the Nokogiri for some web scraping options and tried to whip up a quick script to test.  A cmd-r in Textmate gave me a box saying that there is no such file to load - nokogirl.  I tried it in irb with commands of require rubygems, followed by require nokogiri and got two true responses back.  I edited the file to include a require rubygems and re-ran from textmate, but still get the same errror!  Any idea?

Last edited by etavoa (2011-01-15 19:10:10)

Re: Nokogiri issue in Textmate

Are you using RVM? Textmate uses the system install of ruby. For example, on my mac i use 1.9.2rc installed through rvm, but textmate picks up the 1.8.7 install i have as a core. It therefore wouldn't pickup gems ive installed through the 1.9.2

Re: Nokogiri issue in Textmate

agm_ultimatex wrote:

Are you using RVM? Textmate uses the system install of ruby. For example, on my mac i use 1.9.2rc installed through rvm, but textmate picks up the 1.8.7 install i have as a core. It therefore wouldn't pickup gems ive installed through the 1.9.2

I think I figured it out.  Because it was working in terminal, I looked into the path in Textmate and changed it.  Seems to be working for now.