Topic: RoR not working

We have been using RoR for the past 2 years without any problem. 2 weeks ago our webserver affected by virus and our hosting partner recovered all the files but not manage to bring up our website. The original developer of this site is no longer with us. We are getting the following errors and our hosting partner's technician not able to solve this issue. Message details:

/home/iucnedum/rails_app/iucn/config/boot.rb:26:Warning: Gem::cache is deprecated and will be removed on or after August 2011.  Use Gem::source_index.

/home/iucnedum/rails_app/iucn/config/boot.rb:26:Warning: Gem::SourceIndex#search support for String patterns is deprecated, use #find_name

How to go about this?

Re: RoR not working

Hello these are warnings about deprecation, for me it should not prevent your site from functionning are you sure you don't have other errors?

Hi, We have created RoR application and rewrite the url (www.iucn.edu.my:12001). We are getting the following error message when try to access the site:

We're sorry, but something went wrong.
We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly.

Beside this the technician also gave us the following error logs:

Processing UniversityController#campus (for 124.13.10.7 at 2011-03-14 16:33:34) [GET]
  Session ID: BAh7BiIKZmxhc2hJQzonQWN0aW9uQ29udHJvbGxlcjo6Rmxhc2g6OkZsYXNo%0ASGFzaHsABjoKQHVzZWR7AA%3D%3D--725a2513dbaa219f27f03b3eb84315decaead162
  Parameters: {"action"=>"campus", "controller"=>"university"}
Rendering template within layouts/application
Rendering university/campus
Completed in 0.00318 (314 reqs/sec) | Rendering: 0.00295 (92%) | DB: 0.00000 (0%) | 200 OK [http://www.iucn.edu.my/university/campus]

I am not sure whether this error message has been rectified but latest one was the warning message. I will check with the technician.

Last edited by moganadass (2011-03-15 04:21:12)

Hello,

There should be more than that in the trace. Look for the file an line number where the issue occurs.

Does it run in your local environment?

Hi,
No, it's not running locally as well. I missed out the first line:

Rendering /home/iucnedum/rails_app/iucn/public/500.html (500 Internal Server Error)

for me the error 500 means the application has not started, see with your hoster if the configuration of the .htaccess is ok.

Hi,
     According to the technicians, the following are the only error received:

** Starting Mongrel listening at 0.0.0.0:12001
** Starting Rails with production environment...
/home/iucnedum/rails_app/iucn/config/boot.rb:26:Warning: Gem::cache is deprecated and will be removed on or after August 2011.  Use Gem::source_index.
/home/iucnedum/rails_app/iucn/config/boot.rb:26:Warning: Gem::SourceIndex#search support for String patterns is deprecated, use #find_name
** Rails loaded.
** Loading any Rails specific GemPlugins
** Signals ready.  TERM => stop.  USR2 => restart.  INT => stop (no restart).
** Rails signals registered.  HUP => reload (without restart).  It might not work well.
** Mongrel 1.1.5 available at 0.0.0.0:12001
** Writing PID file to log/mongrel.pid

Kindly help.

Hi,
    I will check with our hoster on htaccess.

Thanks.