Re: Web Design for Dummies

Hi daibatzu, i would suggest you to look at the pre-made templates (developed by web design companies) who have already won good audience with their products. You can always buy some nice templates and fine tune them. While you do that you will learn design, coding, flashing, seo... I think this is good practice. For instance, checkout xml flash and website templates as well as other jQuery, facebook components.

Would like your feedback on The Principles of Beautiful Web Design if you got through it yet...

The internet business is a billion dollar business and many want a part of that pie. Many companies like any Phoenix Web Design firm are working hard to keep afloat and on top of the internet wave.

The best thing to do is here is read through the top website design forums and stay up to date with everything coming out. Here you will see tutorials on how to create different websites and such. This is how I learn.

When designing web pages, you need to think visually. A web site designed with a good balance of graphics and text is pleasing to the eye, attracts viewer attention, and holds it. Good web design relies on the artist — in this case, you — following certain design principles:

Design the web page interface to fit within the first 800 x 600 pixels so that the important content is visible when the page first loads. Although most modern monitors are much larger than this, many people browse the Internet through laptops and devices.

Achieve a balanced layout by designing no more than three focal points: Use the "big, medium, small" strategy.

church websites
christian website design