Topic: Your web hosting provider?

I apologize for the possible off-topic. Guys, could you tell me which web hosting company you are using at the moment? I have a problem because my current web hosting company hostrator.com is kicking me off. They say that our website is using too many server resources. But our website only gets 300 visitors per day..

Anyway, what would be your recommendations? Are you happy with your web hosting providers?

I am checking http://www.hosting24.com/ at the moment, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
I have contacted them and they say something like

Re: Your web hosting provider?

Slice Host

Rails Play Ground

This looks really nice:
Media Temple

and
Linode

These are all hosting companies I've seen people talk about around here.. they all seem like they get the job done.

If you're looking for the really cheap ones, I use Host Monster but configuration in these types of hosts can be a pain. I actually haven't deployed a rails app on them yet but I think you have to use something like fastcgi and set it all up. Although, I'm not sure exactly how much of a pain the setup is I haven't done it yet. Host monster costs like between $7 and $8 a month.

Personally, I would recommend buying something nicer even though it's more money because the service you're recieving just always seems to be more reliable. Plus if you get VPS you are able to configure your apps the way you want with what you want. Cheap hosting companies make you configure it a specific way... I don't like that.

Last edited by RailsRhino (2010-06-12 18:27:02)

- Ben

By the way, can you suggest me some rails host(s) that also supports SQLite?

Thanks.

I have been customer of JustHost since last 1 year.I am happy with them!

Ususally Unlimited means unlimited. But there is always a fine line what you can use it for. Most websites dont go over a few gigs. Like with network solutions.com you can not use the service to backup any data from your computer. So really.. If you have a website that goes over 300+ gigs.. why are you on a shared platform? Unlimited is a flashy gimmic to bring you to look and use... "OMG? Really? Unlimited Space? *shakes"

I use slicehost.  I get a vps that I can set up any way I want and as much cpu etc as I want to pay for.  I run with a 256m slice and it is enough for a ROR app with a small amount of traffic.  If I need to expand I can go up in increments.  256 costs me $20.

I highly recommend Linode. Easyto use VPS with great prices. $20/month. I have been with them for about 1 year and it was a great decision to switch from a shared-hosting environment.

Hi,here is my hosting provider   http://www.xnynz.com/  and there is no problem for me since im using it for the past 1 year..

I have been using hostgator for quite a while now and I have been really satisfied with the services I am getting.  It has very minimal downtime that is coupled with servers as they really need maintenance to keep the service free from unwanted problems.  They also offer excellent customer service and there is a huge community that is more than willing to help.

I'd recommend Hostgator. Been using the service for a year now and I can say that it's really great! If you're looking for a host that offers unlimited disk Space and bandwidth, then this is the best choice.

For more hosting options, you can check out http://www.webhostingsearch.com for the best top hosting sites on the internet. They also provide reviews and articles which can help users in deciding on what service they should get.