Topic: Launching Soundcloud-Remix app. Open Source

I require assistance launching a ruby rails application. SoundCloud-Remix is an open source app for running remix competitions on an independent webpage outside of SoundCloud. The application is about a year old and is not supported by the author or user forums.

I followed pre instructions for set up here - https://github.com/soundcloud/soundcloud-remix#readme

And followed the screen cast to launch application. - http://vimeo.com/14060526

Problem I am getting is on launching the database, using the ‘rake db:migrate’ command my present error is...

Sean-Doyles-MacBook-Pro:plpcomp seandoyle$ rake db:migrate

rake/rdoctask is deprecated.  Use rdoc/task instead (in RDoc 2.4.2+)

rake aborted!

You have a nil object when you didn't expect it!

You might have expected an instance of ActiveRecord::Base.

The error occurred while evaluating nil.[]

Tasks: TOP => db:migrate => environment

(See full trace by running task with --trace)

I have experimented with different versions of ruby via Ruby Version Manager, Tried using alternative command ‘bundle exec rake db:migrate'’ I have managed to get the error to just say

rake/rdoctask is deprecated.  Use rdoc/task instead (in RDoc 2.4.2+)

rake aborted!

uninitialized constant ActiveSupport::Dependencies::Mutex

I also got rid of this error at one point and it gave me a different error about will paginate version not communicating with the rails version. I cant remember the details of this error exactly unfortunately.

I have noticed on the screen cast instructions when the server is being launched that a warning appears which may or may not be relevant to this issue.

Warning: Gem: :Dependency#version_requirements is deprecated and will be removed on or after August 2010. Use #requirement 

I am not sure if I have installed bundler correctly as the set up guide is based on using your own app. I was wondering if it would help to create an app using bundler on my machine first before deploying this.

Any assistance or ideas would be greatly appreciated.