Topic: How to extract images from flash videos

I am using <embed> tag to embed videos from other sites on my site. I would like to be able to automatically extract an image from the flash video to display instead of actually embedding the video, does anyone know to do this in Rails?

JiggyMe
"Videos that Matter to You" powered by Ruby on Rails

Re: How to extract images from flash videos

Ruby or Rails wasn't designed for such a thing. My best suggestion would be pause a flash movie, then take a screenshot, then cut out the part of the screenshot you want, and save it as its own image file.

The problem is, swf movies are already compiled. You'd ultimately have to get their FLA files to get the raw images like that.

There may be other tools out there, but I'm not aware of any off hand.

I think you should also check for web for applications which have been made for such purpose.By the way,jmbrink26's advice is also a better solution.

You could use something like ffmpeg to process the video and generate a screenshot, I've done something similar using Paperclip with user uploaded content, but the idea would probably be the same with content from other websites.

Rob Anderton
TheWebFellas

The solution really works. Thanks for the solution.

Thanks.
Now I can extract images from flash videos.

ou can easily extract Flash resources like shapes, images, sounds (mp3 or wav), videos (flv), frames, fonts, texts, buttons, sprites, ActionScript, etc.

"Content Aware Image Resizing" available for licensing

An Unbetable Technology for IMAGE RESIZING also known as “optimized scale-and-stretch” is available for licensing.Since it allows regions with high importance and prominence to scale uniformly and regions with homogeneous content to be distorted, therefore it can be very effectively used in Display devices (Digital cameras,Mobiles,LCD's,laptops,PDA's etc.). It is in pending stage for Patent and we are looking for prospective companies for the same.

For more details contact

Mr. Gaurav Deshmukh
Email id: g.deshmukh@ttconsultants.co.in
+919815816480
+919592701527

It's easy, just use some screen recorder can help you capture pictures from video. It can record whatever on your screen as video file, you just need to play the video on your computer screen, and it will help you record image of the video. And it also can help you save the image to standard format file, such as GIF, TIFF, JPG, BMG, PNG.

A typical flash file usually contains several elements. Among them are pictures, sounds, videos. If you want to extract images and video from flash or otherwise edit SWF, you may find Flash Decompiler Trillix quite useful.

church websites
christian website design

Last edited by churchwebsite (2012-04-27 03:45:39)

hi, I recommend you iwisoft swf to video converter. It can convert flash to image file.