Topic: New MAC, RadRails vs. TextMate

OK, after 3+ years doing RoR on Windows, I finally have a Mac.

I've been using RadRails,  but I'm fascinated with what Ryan Bates does on TextMate during RailsCasts.  Should I make the move?

All I really do with RadRails is use the editor,  and 'project management', plus file search.  I use RSYNC to upload. 

Anybody have any pros/cons ?

Joe got a job, on the day shift, at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen, arrogantly twisting the sterile canvas snout of a fully charged icing anointment utensil.

Re: New MAC, RadRails vs. TextMate

I'm Greeeeeeeen with envy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go with TextMate or Netbeans, both way outstrip RadRails - If I had the choice I would go with TextMate but it's a close call between the two. You would have to get all the plugins RB uses, I think he has a cast on this.
A note on Netbeans, - it lost it's way a little bit when official support was dropped for Rails but it's back with a vengeance and better than ever!

What you want and what you need are too often not the same thing!
When your head is hurting from trying to solve a problem, stop standing on it. When you are the right way up you will see the problem differently and you just might find the solution.
(Quote by me 15th July 2009)

Already went with TextMate.  Love it!   It was only like $50.

Need a good cheat sheet, haven't found one :<

STILL get flumoxed with control vs. option, that will come in time.

If only TextMate had 'vi' mode :> 

Being an a Mac makes things so much easier,  I started out on Unix (1980),  then had to dwell in the evil land of Windows for the last 10 years,  I now know what a prisoner of war feels like after returning to his homeland after 10 years of captivity!

Joe got a job, on the day shift, at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen, arrogantly twisting the sterile canvas snout of a fully charged icing anointment utensil.

Well, I'm an Ubuntu fan. Haven't used windows for 2 years now and know how you feel smile would love to be able to afford a Mac!

What you want and what you need are too often not the same thing!
When your head is hurting from trying to solve a problem, stop standing on it. When you are the right way up you will see the problem differently and you just might find the solution.
(Quote by me 15th July 2009)

jamesw: check your private messages

My favourite thing about textmate is being able to open an entire rails job / site by dragging the site's folder onto Textmate then having the entire thing in one window with Tabs.. this is super handy..

and its ligthweight.. love textmate.