Topic: Rails reading from wrong assets folder

Hi,
I'm having some trouble with the rails on my webhost. Something went wrong when switching from 3.0 to 3.1 and configuring the assets pipeline. Been following the guide: http://guides.rubyonrails.org/asset_pip … s-of-rails

But it didn't do the trick. The weird thing is that I now have 2 assets folders (I guess one got generates from rails or something) one in public/assets and one in app/assets/, but it reads everything from public/assets.

I'm wondering how to redirect the assets pipe to app/assets.

P.S The css and images works in this public/assets, but not the JS.

Re: Rails reading from wrong assets folder

Can you run

bundle exec rake assets:precompile

On your production environment?

If you can that should pickup all your js that you have in app/assets/javascripts and stick it in a combined, minified super js file  public/assets/application.js

You want your assets in public,  so the web server can serve it quickly.

Also check your /app/assets/javascripts/application.js,  it should just look like:

//= require jquery
//= require jquery_ujs
//= require_tree .

and every javascript file in app/assets/javascripts will get minified and put into the super js file in /public/assets/javascripts/application.js

Joe got a job, on the day shift, at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen, arrogantly twisting the sterile canvas snout of a fully charged icing anointment utensil.

Re: Rails reading from wrong assets folder

HI,

In developement mode,

i can be able to get the facebook  profile image through facebook login

In production mode,

i cant able to get that image. it showing the default image..

Wat i need to change to work this out.

i need to get the zipcode from facebook while login with facebook api, i tried a lot.but i am not get it.

pls post the reply if anyone knows..

Thanks n advance..