Topic: Where do I find more information about GEM management?
I've been using Rails for about a month and I'm confused about how to do GEM management.
I just ran the command
$ gem outdated
And I got a long list.
I was in the directory for an app on my iMac.
I have a few questions:
1) Are the GEMs installed on my iMac for use by all my Rails apps, or does each Rails app get it's own set of GEMs installed?
2) Does SUDO mean global for all Rails apps?
3) Should I be keeping these GEMs up-to-date or only if I need a particular one updated?
4) If I change the GEM file and remove a GEM and then run Bundle Install - will it remove the GEM from my app?
5) Will #4 also remove it from Heroku, when I push?
Is there a particular article I should read to get these answers?