Topic: Twitter clone tutorial

I'm writing a series of articles on building a Twitter clone, including tagging, mentions, and a realtime web interface. I'm trying to set the difficulty at a level that anyone discovering Rails for the first time could deal with. If anyone has any feedback on them, or requests for things to cover, then I'd be delighted to hear. The first few parts are online now, with more coming daily.

Otherwise, the tutorials are all at My website - jgwmaxwell.com, I hope they are of use to someone.

Re: Twitter clone tutorial

I'm about to follow this through, it looks pretty good, and I'm new to rails so I'll provide feedback and questions here.

First question... postgresql isn't wan't to install. I didn't edit any of the login details in database.yml, so maybe that is the problem, but what should I change these values to? I only plan on running it on my localhost at the moment

Remember to edit your topic title and add "[SOLVED]" if your question has been answered!

Follow me!

I was looking for a Twitter clone tutorial with ruby on rails. Your website is really good.
How can I make a RSS stream or a custom RSS Feed of favorites strings.

We are following the same concept of microblogging service of Status.net
Also i am looking for sharing within 140-170 characters same as twitter. Because it is planned to use that for only internal business use.

If it will work fine we would like to build a mobile application for the same.

Any suggestions and feedback are most welcomed.

Last edited by giannabosanquet (2012-02-29 04:54:05)

Hi,
I am new developer to Ruby on rails. My application is in Rails2.3.11. In my application Its a PMS where the admin and customer will communicate through messages. When a message is logged, the mailer will send a requset to the receipient email with the message details. Then the client replies to the message by logging in to my application.

So, now my requirement is that I need to make my users to reply from the email itself not to make them again login and when he replies to the mail it should attach as a reply thread to the actual message

Any help  appreciated

sai vardhan wrote:

Hi,
I am new developer to Ruby on rails. My application is in Rails2.3.11. In my application Its a PMS where the admin and customer will communicate through messages. When a message is logged, the mailer will send a requset to the receipient email with the message details. Then the client replies to the message by logging in to my application.

So, now my requirement is that I need to make my users to reply from the email itself not to make them again login and when he replies to the mail it should attach as a reply thread to the actual message

Any help  appreciated

Make a new topic about this in the right forum. Nobody Is going to see it in this topic.

Remember to edit your topic title and add "[SOLVED]" if your question has been answered!

Follow me!