Topic: Redirecting a domain instantly?

I'm pulling my hair out here.
I am miograting a Rails app from Heroku to Linode and I have a problem with redirecting my heroku domain to the same app on a new domain on linode.

Heroku doesn't allow me to change any rewrite rules so I am left with having to use Rails code to achieve this.

A domain name transfer would not be an option because
1) The new linode app is a new domain name
2) If the above were not the case and I just had to transfer the domain from heroku to linode it would not be an instant update and that's what I need.

So I tried adding a before filter to my application controller which works great for GET requests
The problem is that using a before filter in my application controller I can issue a redirect to the new domain but that will only redirect get requests. How would I go about sending ALL requests (PUT POST etc...) to my new domain using only rails?

It seems to me that I could/should be able to use a route to do this but I don't know enough about routes to achieve what I need.

My users access my site through a mobile phone app that issues json put and post requests and that is the reason why a redirect in the application controller doesn't work for my specific requirements.

Cheers for any help on this

What you want and what you need are too often not the same thing!
When your head is hurting from trying to solve a problem, stop standing on it. When you are the right way up you will see the problem differently and you just might find the solution.
(Quote by me 15th July 2009)