Topic: Hosting a web app that uses java and rails code in it?

I have a web app developing and I want to host it via any commercial hosting company however my app is using JAVA code that works on background and RAILS code for user interaction. What do you think about the hosting company that provides such a infrastructure for such a architecture? Is there any that you would suggest?

Thank in advance...

Addition: Also I know that any Jruby on rails project can be used as WAR on java server via warbler, Do you thin is it possible to convert the project to WAR file although I use regular Rails?

Last edited by erogol (2012-02-14 16:23:40)

Code me tender code me sweet...

Re: Hosting a web app that uses java and rails code in it?

What do you mean by 'JAVA code that works on background' ?

Joe got a job, on the day shift, at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen, arrogantly twisting the sterile canvas snout of a fully charged icing anointment utensil.

BradHodges wrote:

What do you mean by 'JAVA code that works on background' ?

There is a JAVA code in the project that evaluates DB content and shape them on backgorund. It works periodically at every 5 min. However it is just about DB content. It is not a part of RAILS codes.

In addition I have learned currently I would use VPS or dedicated server concepts.

Last edited by erogol (2012-02-14 20:01:38)

Code me tender code me sweet...

I would think ANY hosting provider that supports rails,  I use Joyent and like them very much.

Joe got a job, on the day shift, at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen, arrogantly twisting the sterile canvas snout of a fully charged icing anointment utensil.

I would use a VPS.  I use slicehost and am happy with them.  With the VPS you can configure it up like you need it without worrying about what someone else thinks you ought to  do.  Of course on the other hand you are really your own support staff and system administrator.

smile

Hello dear,
we have a java program which will take a file as an input from the local computer and will copy it onto remote machine. Can anyone please let me know how do we make this java program to run in background.

Thanks,