Topic: is there any plugin has auto_complete's function?

hi

i want my text_field have the function of autocomplete, but the auto_complete plugin can't work with rails3.x. and the revised auto_complete is not free!

is there any other plugin or method can achieve the function of auto_complete ? the easier the beter!

i am a rails rookie

Re: is there any plugin has auto_complete's function?

Hi jay_li,

It sounds like you're going through the railscast for auto-complete? There are a couple of things you can do:

- You could show us some of your code to help you fix what isn't working
- You could subscribe to railscasts to get the revised version. I just subscribed a couple weeks ago and it's an enormous help when you're first starting on rails. It's only $9/month!
- You could search rubygems.org. In ruby and rails, you call plugins gems (yes there are plugins in rails before version 3, but for your case, gems are plugins). So when you search for an auto-complete plugin, use gem instead to get the right results. I just searched google for "gem auto complete" and the first entry is a github link for an auto-complete gem using jQuery: https://github.com/crowdint/rails3-jquery-autocomplete

Change is a vector. You can have all the change in the world, but if it doesn't go in the right direction, what good is it? | techonamission.com

gorrillamcd wrote:

Hi jay_li,

It sounds like you're going through the railscast for auto-complete? There are a couple of things you can do:

- You could show us some of your code to help you fix what isn't working
- You could subscribe to railscasts to get the revised version. I just subscribed a couple weeks ago and it's an enormous help when you're first starting on rails. It's only $9/month!
- You could search rubygems.org. In ruby and rails, you call plugins gems (yes there are plugins in rails before version 3, but for your case, gems are plugins). So when you search for an auto-complete plugin, use gem instead to get the right results. I just searched google for "gem auto complete" and the first entry is a github link for an auto-complete gem using jQuery: https://github.com/crowdint/rails3-jquery-autocomplete

hi gorillamcd, thanks for your detail reply !

i will test it.

i am a rails rookie

The Google search engine features an auto-complete drop-down list that displays ... Many laptops come preset to have the LCD dim after the laptop has been inactive ... How to Delete the AutoComplete Function on the Google Search Engine ...How Can I Get a Loan

Last edited by eonmorgan (2012-06-06 13:28:35)