Topic: Converting a stringify path into a recursive hash

hi everybody,

Is somebody able to suggest me a way to do this ? ( all is in the subject big_smile )

what I want is using a "path" and tranform it as a suit of sub key,

e.g. :  I have that params:              path =  "earth/animal/human/men/young/"     value = "martin"
          and I want :        Global_hash = { earth => { human => { men => { young => "martin"
                                                                                                                           }
                                                                                                           }
                                                                                      }
                                                                   }
path =  "earth/animal/human/men/old/"      value = "John"
  and I want :        Global_hash = { earth => { human => { men => { young => "martin",
                                                                                                                      old      =>  "John" 
                                                                                                                           }
                                                                                                           }
                                                                                      }
                                                                   }

The final goal is a way to produce yml file with 2 parameters :
the path and the value

it will allow us to have a yml file with all object  sort by sections thanks to their path.

Thanks per advance

Last edited by Tnecniv-Eiluj (2012-07-12 18:59:07)