Topic: Ruby on Rails Monthly Publication

Hey Guys,
I'd like to start a monthly publication in the form of a PDF with a collection of rails tutorials,  great blog posts, and any other tid bits of info. I can use as much help as I can get and I feel like it would be a really cool resource and maybe a cool project for us. The site right now is at http://www.railsmag.com. It is not setup yet, obviously. If anyone has any suggestions for a different cms system, i'm all ears. Hope to hear from someone. smile

lake.

Re: Ruby on Rails Monthly Publication

Sounds like a good idea, let me know if I can help out.

Certainly sounds like a good idea.  I've considered doing the same thing.  My schedule is fast getting full, but I'd be happy to help out if I can. smile

Josh Catone helps run this place
Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

I'm willing to contribute when I can, although I don't know how much that will be. Feel free to use anything I've written here in the mag. I'd even be happy to rewrite posts if you need me to.

Railscasts - Free Ruby on Rails Screencasts

Well, It's february and I wanted this to be kicked off by now. sad
I'm not really sure where I should start. Any advice would be swell.

hmm

Come up with some column ideas.  I was thinking it would be cool to do "Railer of the Month", where you either interviewed or just talked about someone in the Rails community that is doing cool stuff.  All of the existing superstars like DHH, Grosenbach, Jamis, etc. would be exempt.  We've heard too much from them already wink

If you come up with some different columns, then you can contact some people about writing the first article for that column.  Once you have the content, then you can worry about putting it together.

A column on Ryan Bates would be highly appropriate :-)

If each issue had the following it would be totally full and fun:
1 Railer interview
2 new apps
2 new plugins
1 guest writer who write something so you don't have to

I'd totally read that.

Awesome Idea!

Perhaps even have a little section of new websites on the come up that are built on Rails?