Topic: TOTAL beginner... Ruby or RoR, how to do it?

Hey guys!

I'm know a little bit of PHP, javascript and actionscript 3 (so yes, i'm so green as one can be..)

Anyway, instead of learning PHP or any other language, I'd like to start with Ruby or Rails.

What do you recommend?
- Should I start with Ruby?
- Could I start with RoR?
- How do I get started? Books, forums, tutorials, other?

I tried some different guides, just to get my Ruby version updated, but got different error messages, so I'm looking for a complete guide for a beginner..

Thanks!!

Re: TOTAL beginner... Ruby or RoR, how to do it?

Its very interesting dear to learn a new technology..............................................and you select the Ruby on Rails then its very much easy and funny to learn Rails for that firstly you just read some basic concept and about ruby on rails and then directly read and follow this site for any type of help you need...................................

http://guides.rubyonrails.org/

Re: TOTAL beginner... Ruby or RoR, how to do it?

Hello,
           I have no knowledge of  programming or any   language , but when  I red  RUBY  lessons  like try-ruby ,ruby monk I felt  I can  travel  with RUBY_RAIL   I need  your HELP  to  understand the
language , solve the problems  given after each  lessons.  And  further  study  Software as  a  service . Hope  u  will help me. crgujjar.......