Topic: Any advanced ERB tutorials ?

I know ERB is the View in the MVC.. But I am still at a toss on exactly how somethings are working from them, and their actions to interact with the model and controller..

Are there any advansed tuts or over views for ERB ??

Re: Any advanced ERB tutorials ?

ERB isn't actually a part of Rails. Rails just uses it to parse ruby code within a text file (such as an HTML document). The only magic you really need to keep in mind concerning how the view relates to the controller is that it has access to the controller's instance variables. The view also has access to helper methods, but those don't have anything to do with the controller or model.

If you are more interested in the inner-workings of the view and the controller, I think the Agile Web Development with Rails book touches on this subject a little. IIRC, it shows you how to use something other than erb to parse the view file.

Railscasts - Free Ruby on Rails Screencasts

Re: Any advanced ERB tutorials ?

ryanb wrote:

If you are more interested in the inner-workings of the view and the controller, I think the Agile Web Development with Rails book touches on this subject a little. IIRC, it shows you how to use something other than erb to parse the view file.

Thats what I mean,, it's to little. I read the book a bunch,, it helps but it just feels like to little of detail