Topic: Creating a library system for my final year project!

Good Morning everyone!

Like the subject says I am considering creating a library system for thr final year project of my degree. Now I have looked at many other programming languages but I just can't seem to get my head round it. On the plus side I used Ruby on Rails last year at university for one of my modules and I did enjoy it. However before making a decision I wanted to ask the Ruby community what they thought of me creating the project in Ruby. I know it will not be easy but I am ready to put the hard work in..
I don't have advanced knowledge of Ruby but I can say I'm not a complete noob at it either. Therefore what do you guys think?

Secondly could anyone suggest any good books for web development in Ruby. I'd prefer a book which explain it in detail abd it goes step by step!

All your help is very appreciated!

Thank you very much!

Re: Creating a library system for my final year project!

Anyone?

A good book is AWDWR (Agile Web Development With Rails), You will find it recommended on the Rails site http://rubyonrails.org/
Rails is an awesome environment but you need to pick the best tool for the job.
If you want a web site solution then Rails is probably your best option as you already have ssome familiarity or if you want a desktop solution then you have to pick a language you feel confortable with.

What you want and what you need are too often not the same thing!
When your head is hurting from trying to solve a problem, stop standing on it. When you are the right way up you will see the problem differently and you just might find the solution.
(Quote by me 15th July 2009)

Yes I am looking for a website solution. Any sort of step by step books?

Yes. AWDWR is the recommended step by step book as mentioned in my earlier post

What you want and what you need are too often not the same thing!
When your head is hurting from trying to solve a problem, stop standing on it. When you are the right way up you will see the problem differently and you just might find the solution.
(Quote by me 15th July 2009)