Topic: Can't initialize a new project inside a rails project

"Can't initialize a new Rails application within the directory of another, please
change to a non-Rails directory first.
Type 'rails' for help."
I'm getting this error wherever i try to create a new project ... Pls help me it gives the error even if its a new directory..........

Re: Can't initialize a new project inside a rails project

It means that you are trying to create a new rails project inside the directory of an existing rails project which can't be done.
Try changing to a lower level directory and try again - I suspect that you have created a rails project in a directory that you are not aware of. Use your file explorer to find the offending project and remove it

What you want and what you need are too often not the same thing!
When your head is hurting from trying to solve a problem, stop standing on it. When you are the right way up you will see the problem differently and you just might find the solution.
(Quote by me 15th July 2009)

Actually I deleted a project in t't directory before  I created a new one....And I even tried creating a project in the root directory even and it gives me the same error  sad

Check for hidden rails files (".bundle" springs to mind). Get rid of all Rails files in the root folder

What you want and what you need are too often not the same thing!
When your head is hurting from trying to solve a problem, stop standing on it. When you are the right way up you will see the problem differently and you just might find the solution.
(Quote by me 15th July 2009)