Topic: rake about fails with rake aborted

I am a newbie to Ruby on Rails. Appreciate your patience. I was trying to run a demoapp downloaded from the Internet
and it fails, when I do a rake db:migrate. So I did a rake about. it gives the following error :

=====================================
C:\work\FusionChartsBluePrintApp>rake about
WARNING: 'require 'rake/rdoctask'' is deprecated.  Please use 'require 'rdoc/tas
k' (in RDoc 2.4.2+)' instead.
    at C:/RailsInstaller/Ruby1.9.3/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rake-0.9.2.2/lib/rak
e/rdoctask.rb
rake aborted!
Don't know how to build task 'about'
=======================================

Interestingly there is no GEMFILE in the root directory of this demoapp.

Before I went too far with this, I wanted to understand what could be wrong and if there are any steps that need to be performed, after copying the directory structure of the demoapp. 

I am running this on WINDOWS7 and have a working installation downloaded from railsinstall.org [ see below] and other demo apps work
===================================
◦Ruby 1.9.3-p125
◦Rails 3.2
◦Bundler 1.0.18
◦Git 1.7.6
◦Sqlite 3.7.3
◦TinyTDS 0.4.5
◦SQL Server support 3.3.3
◦DevKit
=======================

What could be wrong ?

====================================

Re: rake about fails with rake aborted

vjn wrote:

I am a newbie to Ruby on Rails. Appreciate your patience. I was trying to run a demoapp downloaded from the Internet
and it fails, when I do a rake db:migrate. So I did a rake about. it gives the following error :

=====================================
C:\work\FusionChartsBluePrintApp>rake about
WARNING: 'require 'rake/rdoctask'' is deprecated.  Please use 'require 'rdoc/tas
k' (in RDoc 2.4.2+)' instead.
    at C:/RailsInstaller/Ruby1.9.3/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rake-0.9.2.2/lib/rak
e/rdoctask.rb
rake aborted!
Don't know how to build task 'about'
=======================================

Interestingly there is no GEMFILE in the root directory of this demoapp.

Before I went too far with this, I wanted to understand what could be wrong and if there are any steps that need to be performed, after copying the directory structure of the demoapp. 

I am running this on WINDOWS7 and have a working installation downloaded from railsinstall.org [ see below] and other demo apps work
===================================
◦Ruby 1.9.3-p125
◦Rails 3.2
◦Bundler 1.0.18
◦Git 1.7.6
◦Sqlite 3.7.3
◦TinyTDS 0.4.5
◦SQL Server support 3.3.3
◦DevKit
=======================

What could be wrong ?

====================================

as far as I know, there's no "about" task on rake, except you create that task on your own.
Suggest you to run Ruby on Rails on Linux box, it will be much easier.
sorry if it doesn't help.