Topic: [Share] Best Web Hosting for Ruby On Rails(based on my experience)

As a programmer who works using Ruby On Rails, I have some experiences with some web hosting in deploying Rails application. However, in this post I will only mention the best web hosting among them. From my experience so far, Heroku is the one. Why ?
There are some reasons why I choose Heroku as the best web hosting for application which is built using Ruby On Rails.

Heroku platform is already integrated with git , one of my favourite source code control. It really helps a lot in application development.
    Heroku platform provides simple ways to install required gems. As developer, I didn't need to run bundle install manually to install all required gems. It's already done when pushing the application to Heroku.
    Heroku also provides many add-on to support our application. For example, they provide memcached add-on to speed-up our application loading.
    Heroku provides simple commands to us in debugging our application such : heroku logs, heroku restart, heroku rake db:migrate, heroku console.
    Heroku provides free account feature too.

With those facts above, if you're still looking for web hosting for your Ruby On Rails application, I suggest you to give it a try.

Disclaimer : This post has nothing to do with Heroku. I'm not promoting them either. I just share my experience so far related with web hosting for Ruby On Rails Application. And it told me that Heroku is the best one.

Source : Kevin-HeadQuarters : Best Web Hosting for Ruby On Rails Application

Last edited by kevinhq (2012-10-08 02:24:56)

Re: [Share] Best Web Hosting for Ruby On Rails(based on my experience)

I can understand and respect that.  However, it's also a good idea to do it yourself at least once (I recommend either Amazon EC2 or rackspace cloud) just so you know the ins and outs of setting up a site.  That knowledge comes in handy even when you do use heroku (heroku is layered on top of EC2).

Re: [Share] Best Web Hosting for Ruby On Rails(based on my experience)

betam4x wrote:

I can understand and respect that.  However, it's also a good idea to do it yourself at least once (I recommend either Amazon EC2 or rackspace cloud) just so you know the ins and outs of setting up a site.  That knowledge comes in handy even when you do use heroku (heroku is layered on top of EC2).

thanks for the suggestion.
I've run another Rails project on Amazon EC2 some times ago.
However, some folks in the project agreed to move to Heroku, since it provides with more friendly environments.
Btw, Amazon EC2 is great too.