Topic: Dreamhost + Rails3 + Passenger = application getting hung up?

In very light terms, the Rails application works to a full extent, but the host will not run the application without failure or continuous clocking. When I tried to use FastCGI, no amount of correct code, or tutorial code would help on DreamHost; everything gave me the error that the Rails application failed to start. I switched to the other option that DreamHost provides, Passenger, but again it will not run. This time with Passenger I either got a 500 Error, or the link just kept clocking in every browser. After I turned off Passenger, I switched to FastCGI again, and the link still clocks even after a significant amount of time.

FastCGI requires two files that were deprecated from the skeletal Rails application, .htaccess and dispatch.fcgi. Both of the files were added and edited properly to work with Ruby 1.8.7 and Rails 3.2, yet it did not work. I removed these files and switched over to Passenger like the tutorial on DreamHost's wiki showed me. It failed miserably and made the subdomain clock over and over and over again.

Basically the application is entirely functional, but will not run on the host without Webrick which is not allowed on DreamHost's shared domains.

Would anyone be able to give me a fix to hosting my application on Dreamhost using either FastCGI, or Passenger?