Topic: SERVER CONFIG

I dont know if this is the right place to post this but i will give it a try.

i have a application on Heroku I want to upload the same application into Engineyard.

and the tricky part if anything where to append on Heroku i would like my app to point to Engineyard.

I have no idea how to do this or if its even possible.

please let me know what your ideas are, as long as they ate not "Heroku could never go down"

Re: SERVER CONFIG

If you are asking "How can I redirect to Engine yard server if heroku goes down, then the answer is you can't! You might want to read up on load balancing and redundancy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Load_balan … mputing%29 might be a good starting point

If you are asking something else then I can't help as I don;t understand the question

What you want and what you need are too often not the same thing!
When your head is hurting from trying to solve a problem, stop standing on it. When you are the right way up you will see the problem differently and you just might find the solution.
(Quote by me 15th July 2009)

Sounds like he doesn't want to host it at heroku he'd rather use engine yard instead. You should be able to push it  from git to engine yard the same way you pushed it from git to heroku.

Thanks.
I wanted to have the same site on both servers.
and keep the data synched between both servers and be able to do load management between heroku and engine yard.