Topic: pulling RoR content into flash.
i am in the process of upgrading a site from php to RoR. many parts of the site were in flash and pulled external content from php files. the php files communicated with the database to get the dynamic content and flash would take it and put it all in a dynamic text box.
i tried doing the same thing with RoR, and for some reason, it never works when i tried to load a file like it's local. i have to put http://www.example.site/data_info instead of just /data_info. on top of that, the whole thing only works if i have a www in the url for the page that contains my flash file. so i would have to have http://www.example.site/ and not http://example.site.
if i had to guess at what's going on, i think having the full url in there forces it to process whatever ruby spits out and calling the files like they are local tries to find a raw file before being processed by ruby. this is mere speculation though and i would like to hear from anyone trying the same thing to see if there is something i am doing wrong or what.
i realize that the way we're pulling content into our flash is an older way of doing things, but at this point, it'll be easier to get this working than to rewrite all of our actionscript.