Topic: Application template questions, am I thinking of this right?

So surfing around I found this:

http://edgeguides.rubyonrails.org/rails … lates.html

which sounds like what I want....almost.  What I am looking for is a way to have our code shop, when we build a new application (which will always have some or all or a few of the features available in our shop: database integration WITH SPECIFIC MODELS of an enterprise database already built.  Devise to login into active directory, and a few other features like an admin page, about page, etc etc , also BRANDING for our layouts.

So from what I can figure out one can use the application template to ask question when someone wants to build a new app for our code shop (that lives in our eco system so to speak), is this the correct reason for application templates to exsist?  If so this IS exactly what I want.  Though what else throws me off, is when a new app is created... I would like to also attach (if they choose yes) the branding (css/html.erb layouts etc) that have been predefined elsehwere.  Maybe even some generator layouts ? i am not sure, but can the application templates do this as well, or am I totally confused as to what I am needing?  Example running would be:

%> rails new OurCompanysNewApp

'Would you like to use active directory? Yes
    'Would you like to add in Companies Branding? Yes
    ' WOuld you like to use twitter boot strap?  No
    ' WOuld you like... etc. etc.
    ' Add this to github?  yes
    ' Set up standard capistrano? yes
       creating your app!!!!
    create  README.rdoc
    create  Rakefile
    create  config.ru
    create  .gitignore
    create  Gemfile
    create  app
    create  app/assets/images/rails.png
    create  app/assets/javascripts/application.js
    create  app/assets/stylesheets/application.css
    create  app/controllers/application_controller.rb
    create  app/helpers/application_helper.rb
    create  app/views/layouts/application.html.erb
    create  app/mailers/.gitkeep
    create  app/models/.gitkeep
    create  config
    create  config/routes.rb

Then the app would be a skeleton app, with the above options included WITH the look and feel or our companies main website.

Again, Application Template or am I way off in left field here?

p.s. hope this is the right forum subject to post in.