Topic: Testing long-term process

I want to find out whether the functions were called by cron at the expected times. For example, I want the "daily" function to be run once daily, no more or less. The weekly should be run once weekly, no more no less, and so on. The moving part would basically just be the cron scheduling working as expected.

The actual behaviour of the functions being called is tested separately, I'm just concerned about timing.

This seems like something that people must do all the time. How does one normally testing that a periodic event is happening at the correct frequency?

Last edited by asfarley (2013-04-07 02:08:48)

Re: Testing long-term process

Do you want to test your three functions and whether they work at different times, or do you want to find out whether your system does what it's supposed to be doing?  The latter would be a  'learning test' I guess, finding out whether for example cron really runs the commands. --- Question is, what do you want to find out and what thusly would be the moving part, so to speak?

Re: Testing long-term process

I want to find out whether the functions were called by cron at the expected times. For example, I want the