Topic: Mongrel log

Where can I see the mongrel log? I'm rather new to mongrel, and it was I while since I used the terminal (Mac OS) to interact with mongrel (used Radrails for a while), but wasn't I able to see what happened in the terminal window before? I remember it that way. But not now.

Re: Mongrel log

It's in your rails root and then ./log/mongrel.log, normally.

If you start mongrel without the -d (daemon) option it will not detach from your console so you can see whatever it's doing straight away. Ofcourse that way mongrel does terminate when you close the terminal.

marsvin wrote:

It's in your rails root and then ./log/mongrel.log, normally.

If you start mongrel without the -d (daemon) option it will not detach from your console so you can see whatever it's doing straight away. Ofcourse that way mongrel does terminate when you close the terminal.

I don't have a mongrel.log. Should I have that? However I can see what's going on in development.log.

When I try to start with -d nothing happens.

I usually start without -d, and I can see that it starts in the terminal, but then it shows nothing. Maybe it's a setting in mongrel regarding the log that I haven't done.

palb wrote:

When I try to start with -d nothing happens.

It works :-) I just updated rails, made a gem cleanup, and had the wrong version in environment.