Topic: New addiction: Justin.tv

From the guys who brought you Kiko (that calender app): http://www.justin.tv/

Basic premise, Justin wears a head cam 24/7 and is connected to the net via an Ev-Do thinger when not at home... a camera is trained on him while he sleeps.  You can chat live with Justin and his roommates when they're on the computer (I've been doing it for a few hours now since a late night TechCrunch post...).

Yes, this sounds like something from 1999, but the technology is a lot slicker... and it's relevant here because said technology is Rails powered. wink

Plus, you get an inside look at a Web 2.0 startup (they live in a building with a lot of other startup founders -- at one point last night Justin mentioned that the reddit guys live upstairs).

Josh Catone helps run this place
Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

Re: New addiction: Justin.tv

404 - not found sad

Railscasts - Free Ruby on Rails Screencasts

Hmm... works for me... I'm watching now.  He's in the car. tongue

Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

Working now, guess it was just temporarily down.

That's crazy.

Railscasts - Free Ruby on Rails Screencasts

I think the combination of TechCrunch and Digg may have fried their server this afternoon or something. wink

Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

that site has been down or throwing 500 errors for almost a 12 hours. Not such a great rails poster child

Seems to be in order for me. hmm

Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

I've never had justin.tv fail for me, and I've been there about a dozen times now. It's a pretty neat site.

Though the first time Justin drinks too much and spends the night hunched over the porcelain throne is an episode I surely want to miss. wink

Rails Forum - Rails Jobs