Topic: Capistrano problem in actor.rb and cli.rb

i finally found out that my configuration is correct and my username and password are correct, and i've tried this in both winXP and linux dev environments, same exact error.

this is the error that i get after i correctly input my password.

[DEBUG] Thu Mar 15 13:00:48 -1000 2007 -- userauth.driver: all authorization met
hods failed
d:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/net-ssh-1.0.10/lib/net/ssh/session.rb:132:in `ini
tialize': jukkakke (Net::SSH::AuthenticationFailed)
         from d:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/net-ssh-1.0.10/lib/net/ssh.rb:47:in
`new'
         from d:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/net-ssh-1.0.10/lib/net/ssh.rb:47:in
`start'
         from d:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/capistrano-1.4.1/lib/capistrano/ssh.
rb:33:in `connect'
         from d:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/capistrano-1.4.1/lib/capistrano/acto
r.rb:25:in `connect_to'
r.rb:527:in `establish_connection_to'
r.rb:527:in `initialize'
r.rb:527:in `new'
r.rb:527:in `establish_connection_to'
          ... 13 levels...
         from d:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/capistrano-1.4.1/lib/capistrano/cli.
rb:12:in `execute!'
         from d:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/capistrano-1.4.1/bin/cap:11
         from d:/ruby/bin/cap:18:in `load'
         from d:/ruby/bin/cap:18

does anyone know how i can fix this?

thanks in advance

Re: Capistrano problem in actor.rb and cli.rb

Are you able to ssh into your server? (without using capistrano):

ssh username@domain.com

Railscasts - Free Ruby on Rails Screencasts

no, i can only ssh using putty on my winXP machine

is there a windows ssh utility??

i thought that all you need to have is the net-ssh gem installed, which i do.

Hmm, I'm not sure, but I don't think that's the problem. Check out this post. Looks like the same issue.

Railscasts - Free Ruby on Rails Screencasts

hmmm.. so i was able to do cap setup by changing my :db to the same host as web and app, (even though it is wrong also)

but now i cannot run cap migrate.

so i change the db back to the correct host, and i even commit the repository, nothing works i keep getting

authentication failed for `jukkakke'

any suggestions here?