Re: Screencasts for Review

That's really creepy. tongue

But Ryan definitely does have the perfect voice for these.  It's got a soothing "Bob Ross" quality. smile

Josh Catone helps run this place
Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

Josh wrote:

It's got a soothing "Bob Ross" quality. smile

LOL. Now all I need is the afro.

Railscasts - Free Ruby on Rails Screencasts

And now we're gonna paint us some whipsy ERB templates...awww but they're lonely! Let's give em some happy little helper methods.

smile

god, I used to watch Bob Ross ALL THE TIME, I had a ton of episodes. I believe he died of a heart attack, yeah? Oh yeah, grats on the new microphone. Sounds awesome.

Yeah, it never made much sense to me either. How could such a calm, laidback dude die from a heart attack? Unless the whole thing was an act and as soon as the cameras turned off he would start flipping out, drinking and beating up people.

Whatever the case, I got respect for the dude, he definitely inspired me in my youth and I wear my afro as a small tribute.

Steering things back on topic though, I was delighted to see the latest screencast covering one of my favorite topics. FIND CONDITIONS! WOOOT!!

Is it normal to be this excited about code?

Perfectly normal. I get excited about code all the time!

Oh wait, maybe I'm just not normal...

http://www.housecafemusic.com/img/nav/ryan_ross.jpg

Sorry Ryan.. couldnt resist tongue

Last edited by pimpmaster (2007-04-06 14:15:31)

LOL, I love it.

When I saw that afro thing I was thinking more along the line of Bob Ross

def paint

puts some.happy.trees
  puts some.fluffy.clouds
  puts some.large.mountains

end

http://grampyshouse.net/cliches/images/bobross.jpg

Last edited by clayton (2007-04-06 15:48:36)

I want to say a big thanks for the most recent podcast on Simple Admin Authentication. EXACTLY what I needed.

For some odd reason I can't download episodes today. The progress bar just sits there, taunting me

sad

Edit: After about 10 minutes it actually does download. Some strange behavior though..

Last edited by pimpmaster (2007-04-23 07:31:20)

Might be dreamhost messin with you. Hopefully it won't happen often.

huge props on this, i was going to post a mic suggestion, but it looks like you already updated

i have to give myself a refresher course soon, everytime I start to work with RoR I get bogged down with work/school so I intentionally have plans to do NOTHING this summer but live cheap and learn to make some cool stuff, and make some cool stuff...

they are already loaded on my ipod for the day after i sober up from finals week partying...

thanks

thanks for the ipod version!

blinking8s wrote:

huge props on this, i was going to post a mic suggestion, but it looks like you already updated

i have to give myself a refresher course soon, everytime I start to work with RoR I get bogged down with work/school so I intentionally have plans to do NOTHING this summer but live cheap and learn to make some cool stuff, and make some cool stuff...

they are already loaded on my ipod for the day after i sober up from finals week partying...

thanks

We gotta team up on that "making cool stuff" thing.

Ahem.

Josh Catone helps run this place
Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

i re-up this topic to know if you will release some "more in dept" screencasts. I mean screencasts that teaches you how to build a simple to medium web app or screecasts that talk about associations etc.

Stay tuned skyblaze, something's in the works.

ryanb wrote:

Stay tuned skyblaze, something's in the works.

ok another question then smile
Will you publish some mini pdf as peepcode has started? I think mini pdf will be great!

Not sure about that one. I've considered writing one, but never got around to fully doing it.