Topic: w00t underway with RoR...

Man was that ever easy. Installed, first table created, and what a lot of coding to get a primitive CRUD happening ... all of one line smile Took longer to create the table than have the first rails screen rolling.

www.movieheretic.com - Reviews, Box Office, Chat from downunder. Now with added RoR goodness, beginner stuff.

www.skinbydragonfly.com - Invision skins, graphics, i-Tab revolution.

Re: w00t underway with RoR...

Don't forget to make your table with migrations and not SQL wink

vinnie - rails forum admin

And congratulations, it just gets more fun from there :-)

vin wrote:

Don't forget to make your table with migrations and not SQL wink

What's "migrations" ? Total newbie over here smile

www.movieheretic.com - Reviews, Box Office, Chat from downunder. Now with added RoR goodness, beginner stuff.

Watch this

http://media.rubyonrails.org/video/migrations.mov

Thanks guys, now on top of migrations. That's a nifty bit of software right there. Awesome scope, who ever came up with that one was really thinking about developers.

Jethro wrote:

Awesome scope, who ever came up with that one was really thinking about developers.

No, whoever came up with it IS a developer wink  That's what's great about Rails, it's extracted from real applications, not designed by a comittee.

Jethro wrote:

Man was that ever easy. Installed, first table created, and what a lot of coding to get a primitive CRUD happening ... all of one line smile Took longer to create the table than have the first rails screen rolling.

About time LOL

Salient wrote:

About time LOL

Oh sure laugh at the newbie, wait until you feel the full force of a ... uhmm ... not so newbie rails dude.

Hey both the Js onboard, welcome to the site dude. If l can get my migrations thing worked out, will email the files over on sunday to LB. So far not happening for some reason sad