Topic: Rails script/server error

I am using ubuntu feisty fawn and I installed ruby and rails using this tutorial here
http://ariejan.net/2006/12/03/instal...u-dapper-edgy/

Whenever is try and start my application this is the error i get.
The application used to work just fine in edgy eft.

=> Booting Mongrel (use 'script/server webrick' to force WEBrick)
=> Rails application starting on http://0.0.0.0:3000
=> Call with -d to detach
=> Ctrl-C to shutdown server
** Starting Mongrel listening at 0.0.0.0:3000
** Starting Rails with development environment...
Exiting
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.2.3/lib/commands/servers/mongrel.rb:15: warning: already initialized constant OPTIONS
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.2.3/lib/commands/servers/mongrel.rb:18: undefined method `options' for []:Array (NoMethodError)
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:32:in `gem_original_require'
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:32:in `require'
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:495:in `require'
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:342:in `new_constants_in'
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:495:in `require'
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.2.3/lib/commands/server.rb:39
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require'
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb

Is there something wrong I am doing ??

Re: Rails script/server error

Does the WEBrick server get started?

Both Servers seem to start (webrick and mongrel) . but then they exit and throws up the error

Last edited by wastedtime (2007-04-22 20:13:05)

Usually this error message means there is some gem that the app requires which you don't have installed. Check out the environment.rb file and make sure all required gems are installed on your system.

Railscasts - Free Ruby on Rails Screencasts

Reinstall rails.

Thanks for all your replies. I checked and installed activerecord and actionmanager all over again and It worked.