Topic: issue with phpmyadmin

Hi,
  i'm a newbie to rails. we're developing an application on rails and we have a centralised database. i need my phpmyadmin to connect that database. but unfortunately it's connecting to the DB only if its in a localhost, i'm not able to connect to a DB residing in another machine by giving its host adress. The rosponse i'm getting is " #2003 - The server is not responding ". is there anything to do on my config.inc.php file to affect the changes in phpmyadmin. please let me know
Thanks,
Shajahan

Re: issue with phpmyadmin

So your trying to access a remote MySQL server using phpmyadmin?

Firstly, check any firewalls and that MySQL on the remote server is setup to listen on your external IP.

Secondly, check your user is actually allowed to login from your IP. You can use user@% to allow all external hosts, but I don't suggest it - it opens up another security weakness.

Then, double check you have actually typed in the right connection details.

Re: issue with phpmyadmin

no there's no such firewall. actually the mysql DB is in my machine and my teammates were actually able to access them till now.
well i installed apache mysql seperately for a seperate project developed in php. now we're replacing php with rails. and rails is having its own apache and mysql instance. the problem is accessing this mysql db for the rails.i've given the correct host name in the config.inc.php no doubt in that but still its not comming.i hope you understand my problem please help.
Thanks,
Shajahan