Topic: Slingshot anyone?

I don't know about anyone else, but I am enjoying the possibilities that Slingshot will bring.  It brings my glee to my stomach.

Magnetk wrote:

"For a while now, Magnetk has been engaged in developing

Re: Slingshot anyone?

I gotta say that, while I'm not sold yet on the offline/online blurring idea, I'd much prefer Slingshot to something like Apollo.  I've got Flex Builder 2 open right now and I feel like it's eating my soul as I program in ActionScript.  I'd much*10^13 rather program this stuff in Ruby.

Hi xilo32 !

I'm currently testing it ... but unfortunatly I cannot make it work "properly".
Sync_dow works great but sync_up does not take into account "modify" records in the offline app ... so I end up in the online version with duplicates records ...

-> looks liek sync_up always create xml file that have the create node ... update nodes are always empty ...

Did you manage to have something working ? ('cos I would be very very interrested ;-) )

hope to see more people getting into it so we can get help !

have a nice week-end !

Hmm, of course you can also use Ruby with Microsoft's Silverlight. smile

Josh Catone helps run this place
Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

Just a quick post (but I open a ticket on joyent) about sync_up.
If you are like me and do not live in a :utc timezone (;-)) then ... sync_up won't work until you add
ActiveRecord::Base.default_timezone = :utc to environment.rb in the online and offline app ...

(In fact the sync_down rake task that store the sync_time do a ActiveRecord::Base.default_timezone = :utc at the beginning )

Hope I helps !

Julien

Posts [ 5 ]

Pages 1