Topic: RadRails woe

I just tried RadRails on Windows and there is (at least) one thing that drives me nuts. I'm so used to selecting text and then dragging the selection in order to move the text that I just can't do without, and RadRails doesn't seem to support it. This can't be true, but I haven't found a way to "enable" such a feature. Does anyone have a solution?

While I'm at it, any hints on how to configure a project so one can set breakpoints?

Re: RadRails woe

I don't think they have selection drag and drop, but you can use alt up and down to move text. There might be an eclipse plugin, but unfortunately, for some reason the standalone radrails doesn't allow other plugins, so you have to just install ecplise and add the rdt and radrails plugins.

I tried the debug once, and it didn't work right away so I gave up.

Another gripe about RadRails is that I don't seem to be able to split the editor window, e.g. to see two files at the same time. It's easy to switch between the most recent few files using the tabs at the top, but I often really want to see two or three files tiled vertically on top of one another.

I'm coming to the conclusion that at this point RadRails is a no-go and am switching back to JEdit. Maybe in a few months RadRails will have improved sufficiently to give it another spin...

I don't seem to be able to split the editor window, e.g. to see two files at the same time.

Just drag the tab with a file away from other tabs and you'll have another source view.

I also like the Ctrl+E key shortcut which shows opened files list (in current view, it will not show files from other source views!) then you start to type name of the file you want to switch to and there you go.