Topic: My First Line

I just finished downloading Instant Rails.  I am working thru a book from sitepoint and I am trying to make my first directory structure.  When I type in $ rails shovell (in the ruby console) it doesnt recognize the command.  Any Ideas?  Im new at this so please be gentle!

Re: My First Line

I've never used instant rails myself, but when you say ruby console do you mean irb? if thats the case you cant start a rails app in there its for testing out ruby code.

from what I know about instant rails you should just be able to click a button to start a new rails app

--

found some screenshots think you might be looking for the menu

rails applications -> manage rails applications there you should see a buttom that says 'create new rails app'
http://instantrails.rubyforge.org/wiki/ … creenshots

--

Thank you!

I have a question about Instant Rails.  I've opened a Ruby Console Window (thanks for the screen shots) and have created a Rails API Documentation (I'm following directions from the book Agile Web).  Everything worked as it was supposed to (I think) after I entered the code from the instructions.  Now the instructions tell me to save the resultant folder doc/api on my desktop.  What commands to I enter to save the folder? 
Thank you,
Anita.