Topic: Where did Danger go?

Hey all,

I am just wondering where Danger's site disappeared to... anyone knows? It's been offline for quite a while now and I want it back wink

Re: Where did Danger go?

Funny, his SVNs still up.

Alex

He accidentally erased his slicehost and lost all the sites on it. It seems he hasn't set them back up yet. sad

Railscasts - Free Ruby on Rails Screencasts

ryanb wrote:

He accidentally erased his slicehost and lost all the sites on it. It seems he hasn't set them back up yet. sad

Oops sad

You serious? How can you "accidently erase" your site?
I send out a big "awww" to Danger and I hope his site is back up soon smile

You don't notice a checked check box on the wrong slice when you go to erase another one (or something like that, I think).   Definitely a big bummer. hmm  I've had something similar happen to me... no fun at all.

Josh Catone helps run this place
Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

Ouch. sad

Although the good thing is, you only forget to back up once wink

vinnie - rails forum admin

vin wrote:

Ouch. sad

Ohh yes, so very true... smile

rudionrails wrote:
vin wrote:

Ouch. sad

Ohh yes, so very true... smile

So very, very, very true.

Luckily I do have all the content from by blog still.  Phew!  What I don't have is a spare minute to rebuild my slice (life at a startup can be.... well, MAD).  Hope folks can make do with the Google Cache for a while - I'll be back with ya soon ;-)

You ever use deprec gem?

You can get a fully functional slice up in about 10-15 min.

I could not live without it!

Last edited by pimpmaster (2007-06-19 21:06:50)

Unfortunately Deprec doesn't support Gentoo and Nginx very well.  I'm in the process of writing my own scripts.  If I get anywhere with them I'll release 'em.

danger wrote:

life at a startup can be.... well, MAD

same here smile It will all be good! It will!! Won't it? roll

danger wrote:

Unfortunately Deprec doesn't support Gentoo and Nginx very well.  I'm in the process of writing my own scripts.  If I get anywhere with them I'll release 'em.

Mike Bailey is working on nginx support for the next version. You should get in touch with him and ask about gentoo support... perhaps you can contribute a patch

danger wrote:

I've been writing some scripts for our new Gentoo Rails Cluster (http://www.flickr.com/photos/atechmedia … 421400511/) which powers a few of our newer web apps and all I need to do is create a unix account on the machines (which I can do on all machines in one go thankfully) and then run my standard "cap atech_setup" which creates the database and does a few other housekeeping tasks.

I also created a few tasks for doing some non deployment stuff like a quick task to run before running an initial SVN import (remove config.yml, clear out logs and tmp) and then another task to run after checking out for the first time to set svn:ignores on logs, tmp and database.yml.

It still needs quite a bit of work (and only works for subversion) but its here if anyone wants a look: https://svn.atechmedia.com/railsbits/cl … h_cluster/

Last edited by shadow (2007-06-23 18:35:57)