Re: Why are test cases not run in the order they are defined?

Yep. All tests pass for me with test_destroy as the test name.

Railscasts - Free Ruby on Rails Screencasts

A "Happy news" !

It's not really happy.. but it gives us more details to detect from where the error is issued: When exploring some console tips, I discovered the sandbox-mode of the console. I don't know if the rollback mechanism is the same as the Testing rollback, but the sandbox modifications were persistent in my database!!

I'm pretty sure now that the adapter I'm using (which I described previously) is not supporting rollback.

Somewhere in The MySQL doc, I saw that to support transactions (which use rollback), The database type should be set to Innodb, and currently my tables are set to MyISAM and available options (in phpmyadmin) are: MyISAM, MEMORY, ARCHIVE, FEDERATED, MRG_MYISAM but no Innodb sad

Any idea ?

An real Happy news!

Well, By default, my MySQL server disabled the Innodb storage System, but when I checked my remote server, I found that some old collegues have already used this Tables Type. I found this great blog post on How to enable it in the Xampp package but it worked to me too! I have now a new Tables Type available: INNODB

To test that, I've Transformed one of my tables to Innodb, then executed some sandboxed queries.. i closed the console and tata! Modifications were rolled back!

Still testing the functional tests, but I'm pretty sure that it will work, so I'll do that later!

Thanks to all of you, and specially ryanb for his great patience.