Topic: rorBB - the Ruby on Rails Bulletin Board

Hello everyone,

I am the owner of rorBB.com and am looking for people to help with the creation of rorBB.  I am currently working on a site design for rorBB.com so it should be up generally soon.  If anyone would be interested in working on rorBB just post back in this thread or contact me via AIM:SteveGTA1872

Thanks smile

Re: rorBB - the Ruby on Rails Bulletin Board

I'm assuming rorBB will be a Ruby on Rails-based message forum software app?   Let me wish you luck with it!  We'll watch it closely, as we're hoping to switch to a RoR-based solution with this forum when a quality one is available.

Josh Catone helps run this place
Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

Hey, add me to the list for being interested in this.  Time is SCARCE but I'm interested for sure.

Important point.. it needs to be semi-easy to migrate to, otherwise you'll lose all the posts so far ;-)

I would be interested too smile

Also, Peter raises a good point, migration has to be easy(ish).

AJ

I'm interested.  I've written a very lite bulletin board in Rails, and have a lot of experience with vbadvanced.

coops wrote:

Important point.. it needs to be semi-easy to migrate to, otherwise you'll lose all the posts so far ;-)

Yeah, let's stick some converters in this thing.  If we build it with punbb and phpbb in mind we should be able to get attract a lot of users.

rorbb, would you want to use ruby forge, or setup a subversion repository?

I could probably whip up a migration schema, and take some of the code I already have and get a skeleton going.

If you want to see what I already have check out my blog site  Garbage Burrito

@thabenksta:
RubyForge now offers subversion repositories for its projects.  RoRBB would be an excellent match for RubyForge.org and I'm of the opinion we should start a project there.

I may be able to pitch in a little too depending on how much time I have. Although, giving everyone SVN access right off the bat may get a little messy. Perhaps we should just discuss this through e-mail or something until everyone gets a good grasp on the basic concept and schema?

Railscasts - Free Ruby on Rails Screencasts

ryanb wrote:

Perhaps we should just discuss this through e-mail or something until everyone gets a good grasp on the basic concept and schema?

or maybe Basecamp?

Tech Cheat Sheets for Ruby, Rails, and much more!

I think Basecamp would, for many reasons, be ideal.  Not only because it's the father of all RoR apps but also 'cause it's an awesome project collaboration tool.

Anybody want to set up the account?  Should I?

Go ahead danger, then everyone that want's access can email you.

the basecamp account named 'rorbb' has already been registered.  I'm assuming someone else (maybe 'rorbb'?) has registered it already.  If the owner doesn't notify us in a day or so I'll go ahead and start a new account.

i already set up an account with basecamp so if anyone wants an account just email me:

first name
last name
email address (ill know it buy just include it anyways tongue)

my email is carbine18[-at-]gmail.com

sry if someone already created one, we can use that if you want - my bad =$

edit: again sorry my bad i didnt think you were online =\

Last edited by rorBB (2006-06-16 20:23:18)

Sweet.  Thanks for doing this rorBB!

thabenksta and danger: i set up accounts for both of you.

Last edited by rorBB (2006-06-15 23:53:46)

We will be able to provide SVN hosting if you guys want. It can be private or public, just let me know smile

vinnie - rails forum admin

I have e-mailed you rorBB, but it bounced back for some reason?

AJ

I might want to help. I built a simple forum for Railsday.

http://svn.railsday2006.com/railsday/team164/

I'm I going in the same direction as you?