Topic: line numbers in code

Great forum you have here! I'm new to rails and am starting to learn and this place is very helpful. One thing irks me though: when I copy/paste code from a post, the line numbers are copied as well. For a couple lines, no big deal to remove them, but when the code is 75 lines it gets old pretty damn quick.
Any possibility of toggling this on/off as well, like it's done here:
http://wiki.wxpython.org/IconsInNotebookTabs

thanks!

Re: line numbers in code

Most editors support column mode editing (i.e. free Notepad++). In Notepad++ you can use Alt + left mouse click to select column with line numbers and delete it.

Out of curiosity, what browser are you using?  For me in Firefox 2.0.0.4 on Windows XP the numbers never copy for me.

Josh Catone helps run this place
Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

Josh wrote:

Out of curiosity, what browser are you using?  For me in Firefox 2.0.0.4 on Windows XP the numbers never copy for me.

I'm usually on FF 2.0.0.4 on ubuntu 7.04 (all my development is under linux), although sometimes in windows XP, but still with FF 2.0.0.4.
In Ubuntu, I did notice that if I highlight from top to bottom, I get the numbers, but if I highlight from bottom to top, *sometimes* I get '#' instead, which is much better but still a bit annoying. In windows it doesn't matter which direction, I get the line numbers every time.