Topic: Coda: Sweetest Programming Environment ever??

http://www.panic.com/coda

I downloaded the demo and was thoroughly impressed with how well they integrated all the aspects of development...you get FTP, shell, html, css, webkit previews, autocomplete and even documenation all in one app. There are only 2 downfalls

1. Only available for Mac (sorry PC lovers!)
2. Very PHP-centric

While #1 is probably a no-go, i think if enough of us bug them to support Rails, they just might do it!

Download the demo and if you like it as much as I do, give the folks at Panic a ring: coda@panic.com

Re: Coda: Sweetest Programming Environment ever??

I tried Coda and while nice, I still can't tear myself away from Textmate sad

vinnie - rails forum admin

Yeah, after playing around a bit i really miss my macros!

Still its a very inspiring way of working. I hope they suss out the kinks cause this app is slick as hell

Same here, I liked Coda a heck of alot. But there's nothing like the good ol' infamous TextMate. If you don't love it, you're either a windows programmer or a fake.

I use emacs. Am I a Windows programmer or a fake?

EDIT: Textmate would be my second choice smile. I haven't used Coda. Every time I go to their site I'm too distracted by the awesomeness of their design to actually get the program.

...that and I run Linux. (EDIT: Primarily)

Last edited by burke (2007-07-31 15:53:09)

LOL @ Burke

I never thought there was such a thing as a design that was too awesome, but you just gave me some serious food for thought.

Is there real autocompletion for ruby/rails?

burke wrote:

I use emacs. Am I a Windows programmer or a fake?
...that and I run Linux. (EDIT: Primarily)

Given these two pieces of information you've disclosed, you're a nerd. Sorry. sad

Good news is most railsforum members are nerds (in some way or another) too smile

vinnie - rails forum admin