Topic: Ajaxian AJAX Survey: Rails used by 14% of Javascript developers

The Ajaxian.com AJAX survey results were released today: http://ajaxian.com/archives/ajaxiancom- … ey-results

Of note: 43% use Prototype and 33% use script.aculo.us. (7% are using jQuery--which I am in love with personally big_smile).

14% of Javascript developers (at least in the context of AJAX) are using Rails, compared with 50% using PHP.

Interesting stuff.

Josh Catone helps run this place
Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

Re: Ajaxian AJAX Survey: Rails used by 14% of Javascript developers

(7% are using jQuery--which I am in love with personally big_smile).

I http://www.kellishaver.com/misc/heart.png jQuery.

Its a bit misleading because those languages are more common than ruby.

What would be more interesting would be to see what percentage of Rails developers are using AJAX.

Personally its been 100% for my rails apps.

14% of all Javascript developers? Doubt it.

14% of Ajaxian's audience, which is probably used to advanced features in dynamic languages? Sure I'll believe that.

vinnie - rails forum admin

Well, of course that is the bias built into any web survey. 

Oddly enough, about 4.5% of people responded that they weren't using AJAX at all... wonder what interests them about Ajaxian.

Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

People like you who keep randomly sending them links to Ajaxian on Yahoo messenger at 3am.

Or maybe they just don't have time for learning AJAX and are living vicariously through the rest of us.... much the way I've felt about Rails for a while now. wink

Yeah, but I only send those links to you--and you do use javascript. wink

Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

Josh wrote:

Oddly enough, about 4.5% of people responded that they weren't using AJAX at all... wonder what interests them about Ajaxian.

There are people that are interested in new programming approaches / technology but don't use them because their job requires the use of other languages and they don't have the enough time/motivation to explore them during their "free" hours. Taking time to stay informed is already a positive attitude ;o)

Last edited by martinig (2006-10-03 04:42:16)

^-- The above is also known as "Kelli" and explains why it took me so long to get into RoR.