Topic: Railscasts is down :(

One minute ago i was still downloading casts from the server, but now it says:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Then i went the iTunes store and ended up being the first comment writer.

I hope it will be back online soon, i live railscasts.

Re: Railscasts is down :(

I'm guessing it's down for maintenance. Should be fixed by the end of the day.

I had some deployment nastiness upgrading to capistrano 2.0. Still sorting it out. hopefully it will be back soon.

Railscasts - Free Ruby on Rails Screencasts

We're back in business.

What was the problem?

I am considering upgrading to Cap 2.0

Well, I upgraded to capistrano 2 but didn't realize deprec gem was incompatible with it. I could still run the old capistrano commands, but the problem is I updated deprec too hoping it would be compatible.

That's when things started to break since apparently the updated version of deprec has some major differences with the version I was using. What saved me is this page which has a great solution for each error.

The moral of the story? Don't upgrade deprec. Or maybe I should just manually setup the server and stop relying on the magic.

I like the "not relying on magic way of doing things". Tends to stop these nastys creaping in undetected until its too late wink

AdamC wrote:

I like the "not relying on magic way of doing things". Tends to stop these nastys creaping in undetected until its too late wink

Perhaps you are right, but deprec is too sweet for me to pass up

Anyone who has ever run

cap install_rails_stack

knows what I'm talking about