Topic: autotest keeps running without changes

This is the first time that I have seen this.  When I run autotest it just keeps going and going without stopping.  No changes are being made the files to cause this, at least none that I know of.

I am running on a MacBook Pro. I have tried to re-install zentest but it is still the same thing.

Thanks for any help.

Re: autotest keeps running without changes

Is everything passing? Sometimes if there's a syntax error then it will re-run every 10 seconds. If everything is passing, try creating a new Rails project and running it there, does it behave the same way? Maybe something is touching one of the files constantly causing autotest to think it has changed.

Railscasts - Free Ruby on Rails Screencasts

if all tests pass, autotest does not continue to run, but if I insert an assert false statement that is enough to cause it to continually run.  There isn't a 10sec pause in between, it just keeps going.

This is just a practice project and was created today. I have never had this problem with other practice projects that were created yesterday and any before that.

Were you able to figure it out?
This is also happening to me, autotest is possessed!

No I wasn't able to figure out what the problem was.  Luckily for me it was just a practice project so I just scrapped it and created another.

If you happen to find out what the problem is let me know in case it happen again.

Good luck

Got it!

David Chelimsky pointed out this gotcha previously. Following his advice fixed the problem for me. 

I had to remove the following lines from spec.opts:

---format
-failing_examples:spec/previous_failures.txt
---example
-spec/previous_failures.txt

If you use the rspec generator they aren't there to begin with, so don't add them, like I did.  doh!

I am having the same problem but with a fresh install of Leopard with no rspec installed. It Just keeps running even if all tests pass

This is also happening to me now.  I don't have the original problem as mentioned in the solution above.  Anyone else able to track this one down?

I am having the same issue also, been trying to track down the problem but nothing yet. I don't have those lines in my spec.opts file to remove, as a test I tried removing all options but it made no difference. Hopefully a fix will appear soon.

I can make it happen by using format "progress" and also format "html".  Using both causes the problem.  Using only one removes the problem.  Seems they don't play nicely together.  I can't track down the problem in the code myself.

yes, autotest can run without any extra effort

autotest