Topic: Using subversion with rails: a real pain for dirs and files added?

We know that with subversion if i modfy files in my working copy everythink is transparent when i will do a commit. Instead if i add files or directory to the working copy i must use the related svn subcommands such as svn add for example. But this is a pain in rails where in a working day with my working copy i will add many autogenerated files and directory. At the end of the day when i'm ready to commit i have to remember every files in every directory or directories that rails (or me) added to the project and i have to run the svn add command for each of them. Am i wrong? What is at the end the benefit of using it?

Re: Using subversion with rails: a real pain for dirs and files added?

1. It's usually a good idea to commit more than once a day. I commit whenever I add a feature, fix an issue, add new files (before I've edited them).
2. "svn status" shows you any files you need to add (denoted with a ?).
3. If you want to add every untracked file, svn add . in the root of your app is going to go through every single file and add ones that are unknown, skipping ones that are already added.
4. What is the end benefit of using what?

BJ Clark
the science department
http://www.scidept.com/

Re: Using subversion with rails: a real pain for dirs and files added?

3 ok i didn't know this behaviour of svn add so i can use svn add in this way in my rails projects....and i think this way is the way that most people uses with rails 'cause with rails generators a lot of files are created every time...