Topic: Write Your Forum Posts in TextMate

Okay, not exactly Rails related, but I think everyone here who has TextMate will be interested in this.

Tired of typing Ruby code in the browser? Did you know you can install an "Edit in TextMate" command in Safari and many other applications (including Mail)? Just install the TextMate Input manager by going to the following menu in TextMate: Bundles > TextMate > Install "Edit in TextMate". After doing this you can use the command-control-E key command while in a text field to start editing away in TextMate. After you're done, save the document and close the window. This takes you straight back to the other application with the updated text field.

Combine this with the BBCode TextMate Bundle I just finished creating to make this perfect for editing forum postings. This even handles proper syntax highlighting and snippets for the specified language while in the code tag! It's still under early development, so please give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Railscasts - Free Ruby on Rails Screencasts

Re: Write Your Forum Posts in TextMate

This is really cool, thanks for doing this Ryan.

a little test

my_array = Array.new(1,2,3,4)

It's not working for me. sad

http://danielfischer.com - Personal Web-Technology-Blog, Los Angeles.

What specfically isn't working? The command-control-E part or the BBEdit bundle I created?

You're trying to force me to buy a MacBook, aren't you? smile

Shhhh, don't reveal my secret. wink

I do have a Mac Mini. Maybe I can just duct tape an LCD monitor and car battery to it smile

Seriously, I don't think you would be the first one to do that.

Yup, I'd be one of those smile

Windows machines are gathering dust in a corner. Monitors all hooked to the Macs.

Cool bundle.