Topic: All-in-one login form
Assume a simple login form with these elements:
- Login/Logout button/link
- Forgot password button/link
I am using RESTful authentication plugin, which has User and Session resources. Thus, all user-related things (create, activate, edit details, ...) should go to UserController and session-related things (login/logout and such) should go to SessionController.
The only normal solution I could think of is to make a controller that will behave as the facade in front of UserController and SessionController - UserSessionController? However, I could not find a good way to do this. Few questions:
- What do you think of the design choices from above?
- Is there anything wrong or is there something that could be done better or in another way?
- Do you think the above is too complicated? (KISS violation, same penalty)
- Are there other sites working in this fashion? Don't have to be Rails.
- Any other thoughts?