Topic: Editors updated to work with Rails 2

Currently I use Aptana RadRails, but it doesn

Re: Editors updated to work with Rails 2

Not yet. I'm sure Tor and his team are working on something for Netbeans and the Textmate people are probably as well.

Hi there, NetBeans 6.0 mostly handles Rails 2.0 (such as .html.erb extensions).   I've integrated some additional fixes in NetBeans 6.1:  it now handles the new shorthand syntax in database migration files (for active record code completion), the changed meaning of parameters for the scaffold generator are now reflected in the UI based on which version of Rails you're using, and I fixed some hyperlink issues with filenames in the output window from the generator. Finally, 6.1 also bundles JRuby 1.0.3 which is capable of running Rails 2.0 without the extra open-ssl gem. (Of course, 6.1 is a dev build so it may have other issues... There's no really strong compelling reasons to switch yet; you can mostly work around the Rails 2.0 issues that I've listed above.)  If you're aware of any other Rails 2.0 problems please let us know - see http://wiki.netbeans.org/wiki/view/RubyFeedback .

-- Tor

i guess TextMate still works the best for Rails 2.0 now~

Thank you Tor!

kX| wrote:

i guess TextMate still works the best for Rails 2.0 now~

Could you explain how?

>>i guess TextMate still works the best for Rails 2.0 now~

You can easily update any of the Bundles for TextMate, and the latest versions support Rails 2.0

Toby Hede
===================================================
FiniteStateMachine - Software Development for Social Networks
===================================================

Ruby In Steel supports all the usual features - colors, code folding, snippets, intellisense etc. for both .rhtml and .html.erb

http://www.sapphiresteel.com

best wishes
Huw Collingbourne